View Poll Results: Was this tutorial helpful to you?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, very helpful, thank you!

109 97.32%
  • No, you didn't sort me out!

3 2.68%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Tutorial] How to play Dungeon Keeper Gold on Windows 7 / Vista (x64)

Blog Entries

[Tutorial] How to play Dungeon Keeper Gold on Windows 7 / Vista (x64)

INSTALLATION TUTORIAL

How to play Dungeon Keeper: Gold Edition on Windows 7 / Vista (x64).
    (tested on Windows Vista, Windows 7)

Table of Contents (jump to):

1.0 - About this tutorial (introduction).
    1.1 - Dungeon Keeper: Gold, Gameplay example(s).
    1.2 - Supplies and needed content to use along with this tutorial.
    1.3 - Installing a downloaded version of Dungeon Keeper: Gold Edition.

1.0 - About this tutorial (introduction):

This tutorial will explain you how to install Dungeon Keeper: Gold on Windows Vista / 7 (x64).
    I was going to write an advanced tutorial on this matter untill i found a actual working version (read; fixed version)
    of Dungeon Keeper: Gold for Windows Vista / 7 (x64). Now, there is no more need to install tools like DosBox in order
    to get this game to work proper. Under chapter 1.2 you will be able to find the full download of Dungeon Keeper: Gold Edition.

Succes with installing and have fun with the game aswell!

1.1 - Dungeon Keeper: Gold Edition, Gameplay example(s):

(My apologies for the bad quality of this movie)

1.2 - Supplies and needed content to use along with this tutorial:

* In order to play Dungeon Keeper: Gold Edition on Windows Vista / 7 (x64) you will need to download the following programs / tools:

- Dungeon Keeper: Gold Edition (full game) Download

* Note: A password is required to extract some of the above content.
    You can become this password from the attachment (textfile) that is added all the way to the bottom, of this first post.

After you downloaded the full game, you can start to install it.

1.3 - Installing a downloaded version of Dungeon Keeper: Gold Edition:

When you have downloaded your game of, Dungeon Keeper: Gold Edition you will be able to extract the content from it's archive called "DK-GOLD.RAR".
    Extract the content to any location you wish. How to extract WinRAR archives is being explained here.

Now that you extracted the WinRAR archive called "DK-GOLD.RAR", go to the folder where you extracted the content to and run (double-click) "keeperfx.exe":

The game will now launch and that's all folks!

* Please post a comment if you think this tutorial was useful, thanks.
    You may also post questions or remarks related to this tutorial.

A tutorial written by VPNgamer (NL)
    © All rights reserved to VPNgamer.com® (2011)
    Note: All content on this website & tutorial is copyrighted by VPNgamer.com®
    and may not be copied or spread in any kind of way.

www.vpngamer.com

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by VPNgamer; 14-01-12 at 01:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Dungeon Keeper II is now also available for download on vpngamer.com!

DKII can also be played on Windows 7 and even with friends, via a Tunngle connection!

Download Dungeon Keeper II here and check out the instructions on how to play DKII with friends!
    Last edited by VPNgamer; 18-12-12 at 11:38 AM.

hey, i am trying to download and extract the game but it starts extracting and then says ! C:\Users\Jamie\Downloads\DK-GOLD.rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file Dungeon Keeper\keeperfx\campgns\dzjr06lv_lnd\dzmap04.raw (wrong password ?)
    ! C:\Users\Jamie\Downloads\DK-GOLD.rar: Unexpected end of archive

any ideas why?

Blog Entries
    Hi 23white,

I just tested the download and extraction using winrar, but had no difficulties.
    Please re-download the file and try again.
    The password can be found in the "password.txt" attachment to this post.

Omg thank you very much it works !! ^^

Blog Entries
    Your welcome! I noticed the game can crash sometimes, but for now, this is the best i can do

problems

Works fine for me up until the main menu, at which point whenever i click new game or free play it crashes on me, clicking continue game takes em to the level selection screen but I can't click on any levels.

Any ideas?

thanks

Blog Entries
    Not sure about that. What OS are you running?

I have been searching for all sorts of methods of trying to run Dungeon Keeper on my laptop with windows 7. I am terrible with computers. This was so simple to do... thank god i didn't have to further attempt my other methods i read up about!! Genius game!! You sir, are also a genius!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by donbennyg View Post
    I have been searching for all sorts of methods of trying to run Dungeon Keeper on my laptop with windows 7. I am terrible with computers. This was so simple to do... thank god i didn't have to further attempt my other methods i read up about!! Genius game!! You sir, are also a genius!
    Thanks a lot and have fun playing DK Please rate and vote for this thread, thnx!

Thank you sooooooo much I've been looking for a way to play DK for a long time now. Nothing worked for me, even tried Dosbox

This works perfectly on Windows 7 Ultimate x64

You are awesome!!! Time to travel back in time and be 10 years old again

Blog Entries
    And thank you too for your nice words! Have fun playing DK!

..and please vote & rate this topic if you like, thanks!

Crashes when go to start playing the game

Hi guys,
    I'm having the same problem as Tomactay mentioned. The game loads up OK, then when I click 'Start New Game' or 'Free Play Levels', the game crashes.

None of the compatability mode stuff fixes it.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium.

Any ideas guys?

Heya!

Been mourning the loss of my DKGold for ages, very glad to find this!
    Does this include the deeper dungeons?

Thanks,

Zeal

Blog Entries
    Not sure for now, samgrahaminc. I did not test this one on home premium, and i cannot assure it will work proper for everyone. Did you try to run the game as administrator?

@ Zeal: You're very welcome! I don't think this includes "The Deeper Dungeons" though..

Thanks

Thank you very much I bought a special version of this game only to find out it doesn't work on new versions of windows thank you so much

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba Spartan View Post
    Thank you very much I bought a special version of this game only to find out it doesn't work on new versions of windows thank you so much
    Hope it was not too expensive

Anyway, enjoy! And thanks for your comment.

I follow your instructions and the game is working well except for the fact that the game speed seems to be faster than I remember...is there a way to slow the speed of the game down. I have tried using the shift button since it is listed as speed in the define key menu but I am not noticing any changes to the speed of my games. Any advice!? Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Qiutar View Post
    I follow your instructions and the game is working well except for the fact that the game speed seems to be faster than I remember...is there a way to slow the speed of the game down. I have tried using the shift button since it is listed as speed in the define key menu but I am not noticing any changes to the speed of my games. Any advice!? Thanks!
    Well.. i'm not sure. I didn't create this Windows 7 version of DK, but i just posted it here. I can imagine the game runs faster due to the very fast computers we have a.t.m. compared to those, when DK originally was released

Quote Originally Posted by VPNgamer View Post
    Well.. i'm not sure. I didn't create this Windows 7 version of DK, but i just posted it here. I can imagine the game runs faster due to the very fast computers we have a.t.m. compared to those, when DK originally was released
    Oh I see...well that is cool then. I mean it isn't too much of a problem. So far, the game works great beside the fast game speed. Thank you for posting this!

Thread Information